Leadership Lessons from the Bhagavad Gita - Series II
A Generative Leadership Perspective
An Introduction to The Bhagavad Gita
A spiritual text is perhaps the last place one would seek for leadership advice. However, the Bhagavad Gita is one of the earliest examples of a leadership text we can find.
The Bhagavad Gita of comprises about 700 verses and is a part of the ancient Indian classic, The Mahabharata. While The Mahabharata centers on the power struggle between two groups of royal cousins and their battle in Kurukshetra in North India.
The Bhagavad Gita presents the counsel of Krishna to Arjuna in the battlefield.The Bhagavad Gita has largely been studied in the contexts of philosophy, theology and literature. However, if we look closely, the wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita contains numerous leadership lessons, which are relevant to personal and organizational leadership practices.
One reason the Bhagavad Gita is such a powerful text is because it is an action text, and the focus is all on practice. The other reason, as importantly, is if you pick up this text at different points of time in your leadership and life, it will reveal itself to you in different ways.
We have received many requests to commence the second set of sessions, and given the challenging times we are living in, we are in agreement - there could be no better time to commence the second set of sessions.
Like in the last series, Sameer Dua interprets the Bhagavad Gita from the Generative Leadership lens and draw out powerful practices that have the potential to shift your life and leadership impact.
Why should you attend?
- To get a powerful Generative Leadership perspective to the Bhagavad Gita. These sessions will enable you to become aware of what truly matters to you, and awaken you to your inherent power of creation.
- The context of these sessions will be your life and your leadership, and not religion at all.
- Each webinar will be bite-sized and we will discuss one leadership lesson from the Bhagavad Gita each time. You will observe from the lessons that these will be simple, and yet not trivial, seemingly obvious, and yet blind to many.
- At the end of the webinar, we will convert the leadership lesson into a doable practice so that you can get into action, rather than let this be some session to gain just more knowledge.
The 18 Chapters of the Bhagavad Gita
Chapter 1: The Yoga of Despondency of Arjuna
Chapter 2: The Yoga of Knowledge
Chapter 3: The Yoga of Action
Chapter 4: The Yoga of Renunciation of Action with Knowledge
Chapter 5: The Yoga of Renunciation of Action
Chapter 6: The Yoga of Meditation
Chapter 7: The Yoga of Wisdom and Knowledge
Chapter 8: The Yoga of Imperishable Brahman
Chapter 9: The Yoga of Royal Knowledge and Royal Secret
Chapter 10: The Yoga of Divine Manifestation
Chapter 11: The Yoga of the Vision of the Universal Form
Chapter 12: The Yoga of Devotion
Chapter 13: The Yoga of the Field and the Knower of the Field
Chapter 14: The Yoga of Gunas
Chapter 15: The Yoga of the Supreme Spirit
Chapter 16: The Yoga of Divine and Devilish Estates
Chapter 17: The Yoga of Three Fold Faith
Chapter 18: The Yoga of Liberation Through Renunciation
Your Program Leader
- Listed by Thinkers50 (the world’s most reliable resource for identifying, ranking, and sharing leading management ideas) in the global list of 30 management thinkers to watch, and those who will shape the future of business. The Thinkers50 listing is considered to be “the Oscars of Management Thinking” by the Financial Times, UK.
- Founder, Institute for Generative Leadership, India. (www.generativeleadership.in)
- Founder, Gift Your Organ Foundation (GYO). Amongst many other successes in the last 8 years, GYO introduced the Green heart Drivers’ License project in the states of Karnataka and Maharashtra along with these respective state governments in India. In Karnataka, the number of pledges increased 7 fold in a matter of 7 months; and the number of organ transplantations has doubled, year on year.
- The federal government in India has adopted this project in March 2018 to be implemented across all states in India. (www.giftyourorgan.org)
- Founder and Chief Curator, India Business Literature Festival. (www.iblf.in)
- Bestselling Author: “Declaring Breakdowns: Powerfully creating a future that matters, through 6 simple steps” published by Sage Publishing. This book went into its second print within the first week of its launch, and has been published in in two more languages: Hindi and Marathi. Several leadership and management institutes globally use this book as a part of their curriculum. (www.sameerdua.com)
- Bestselling Author: “Become: The 5 Critical Conversational Practices that Shift ‘Who You Be’ as a Leader” published by Harper Business, an imprint of Harper Collins Publishers. In the first 6 hours, “Become” became a bestseller in 6 different categories on Amazon. (www.sameerdua.com)
- Leadership faculty member, Naval Higher Command Course, a program for senior officers of the armed forces (Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force) at the Naval War College, Goa.
- 26 years of experience in the field of management and leadership education, and worked with program participants from 52 different countries.
- Set up and lead institutions in India and in the UK, and worked with top global universities from the US and the UK.
- Clients include organizations like Mercedes Benz, John Deere, Siemens, NetApp, T-Systems, BMC Software, Jungheinrich, Elringklinger, Wipro, ResourcePro, Amdocs, Schaeffler, Faurecia, Volvo, Reliance, amongst many other top global and Indian organisations.
- Received the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Business Tycoon Award 2017 by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Oldest, leading, largest and apex chamber of commerce and industry of India), Bangalore Chapter.
- TEDx Speaker.
StartSession 1: Wisdom Through Action (64:40)
StartSession 2: Expanding your Capacity to Act and to Generate Outcomes (65:47)
StartSession 3: Putting Your Attention on Your Attention (69:23)
StartSession 4: The Real Meaning of Fruit-of-Action (73:36)
StartSession 5: The Two-Fold Path (63:21)
StartSession 6: What Game Are You Playing? (65:42)
StartSession 7: Going Beyond the Mire of Delusion (72:41)
StartSession 8: Being a Leader of Steady Wisdom (69:28)
StartSession 9: Moving from Attachment to Commitment (70:57)
StartSession 10: Bringing Illumination (68:26)